Elisa Contemporary Art presents Monochromatic Vision. Nature inspired artwork in singular palettes. The exhibit opens September 6, 2013. It will run through October 20, 2013.
We delve into nature-inspired images captured and created by our six American artists. We travel from the frigid Icebergs in the Antarctic to the lush Palisades along the Hudson River in New York and rushing waterfalls in Kaua'i. Our artists capture visions of flowers and fowl in a new light and using a range of diverse techniques and materials.
Featured artists include: Photographers John Conn and Jesse Kalisher, Sculptor Atticus Adams, Hawaii artists, Carol Bennett and Wayne Zebzda, and New York artist, Elaine Galen.
Monochromatic Visions highlights include:
- Bronze Mesh floral sculpture by Philadelphia artist, Atticus Adams
- A flowing Ink, Acrylic and Shellac Waterfall study by Carol Bennett reminiscent of a Pat Steir painting and a study for a future public art installation
- Carbon smoke drawings of Hawaii artist, Wayne Zebzda created with a welding torch
We will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary in the gallery space with Receptions on:
- Thursday, September 19 from 6-8pm
- Saturday, September 28 from 5-7pm