“Fantastic Worlds: Landscapes and Cityscapes” will run from June 27th – July 29th, 2009 at the Elisa Contemporary Art Gallery in Riverdale.
The new group show of both emerging and mid-career artists explores imaginary worlds, and the wild and fantastic organisms, creatures, urban structures and plant life that inhabit them. Each artist explores a variety of media and techniques from dry pigment and Sumi ink on handmade paper or Japanese papers, to marker and ink on mylar to pen and ink drawings inspired by music and sound.
The exhibit will feature:
- Utopian cities from Rosa Ruey
- New Asian-inspired works by Carole Naggar
- Mythical lands from Amy Cheng
- Organic naturescapes by Miriam Brumer
- Fantastic creatures by Michael Barletta.
An Opening Reception will take place on Wednesday, July 8th from 5pm to 8pm.
The exhibit will run through July 29th, 2009.
Elisa Contemporary Art is located at 5622 Mosholu Avenue.